Two times each year, Jean Houston offers her Mystery School programs on both the East Coast and West Coast. These "schools" are radically different from normal academic training. Jean Houston's original lectures create the foundation for the classes, but the learning is an exciting combination of integration experiences that personalize the concepts for each person. Dance, poetry, singing, movement and evocative processes are drawn from Jean Houston's 28 years of teaching. Together they produce memorable weekends with life-changing impact. Houston's teachings are based on state-of-the-art research in brain-mind-body discoveries, the latest in science and soul, great teachers from various traditions and her own deep experiences. The Mystery School is an learning environment filled with intellectual stimulation, new friends, energizing discussions, new perceptions, and contagious joy.
"Navigating the Powers of Change"
July 27 - 29, 2012 Located at: The New York Open Center
22 East 30th Street NY, NY 10016
- Not affiliated with the New York Open center
No matter what happens around you, do you remain clear on where you’re going, what you’re to do, how to determine your relationship to changes, and when to make the necessary corrections to help you stay on course? The old reference markers that guided us in the past are changing at such a fast pace that instead of solid land beneath our decisions, we are riding a river of changes that is unlike anything we’ve experienced before. Whether you’re simply observing the radical societal, economic, environmental and personal changes, or impact by them personally, new navigational tools are now essential requirements for this magnificent journey through life.
After 50 years of studying and participating in radical societal changes, Dr. Jean Houston has developed an ingenious Mystery School that creates a new approach to understanding and successfully living a meaningful life during the unprecedented transitions we now experience.
“Navigating the Powers of Change” is a comprehensive three-month training that begins with an intensive weekend training program, or Mystery School, and includes three months of integration training to sustain, grow and utilize the weekend learning. Each month, you’ll connect via a one-hour monthly teleseminar and continue to learn through live thought-provoking question and answer sessions.
A Mystery School is one in which ancient teachings from a variety of cultures are combined with Dr. Houston’s stimulating insights and the latest discoveries in science, philosophy, spirituality and psychology. Together, these enable learning from the perspective of the past, and their present and future applications. Mystery School expands the conventional sense of “school,” to offer information and experiences that enrich the full spectrum of human understanding from learning to practical application. All this occurs in a wildly unpredictable, non-traditional environment of stimulating lectures, personal processes, music, dance and poetry.
The weekend session, “Navigating the Powers of Change,” will be an internal voyage down the rapids of change where you will learn valuable skills that you can apply to every segment of your life. During the weekend, you will:
First identify your own North Star, your critical key to navigating your life beyond outmoded ways of being. Navigating white water and getting through turbulent periods requires a sense of call to adventure that is larger than the fear or thrills that accompany it. This is the North Star of your intentions and commitment to that call.
- Learn how to create a map that clearly delineates where you are and where you’re going. You’ll discover the five most important questions to ask yourself as you design your journey through life. The answers will help you with your own passage, and assist you as a way-shower for others.
- Get yourself a hard hat of resilience and protection, a life jacket that keeps you from going under and a paddle of courage, momentum, strength and endurance that carries you onward and prevents you from going around in circles,
- Obtain your personal compass, one that tells you how to stay on your chosen course. You’ll learn how to deal with distractions, interruptions, avoidance, and denial. With this foundation, you’ll have a greater consciousness of the choices you make, and be able to find innovative new solutions when required. You’ll also discover the web of intelligent design that offers new pathways and possibilities for your life.
- Choose your guide for the journey. Observe what you want and need from the guide and where to strategically place will discover the principle of your allies and co-journeyers. Learn to trust your higher guidance and how to keep it central to your life as you journey through the rapids of change.
- Design and launch your boat, the organization and containment for your visions. You’ll see where its strengths and weaknesses are and learn the art of maintaining stability no matter what the river brings.
- Acquire the ten important laws for navigating the river. Learn how to read the hazards, the rocks, the seen and unseen obstructions, how to take advantage of momentum and power of the river itself.
- Finally, you gather your provisions for your voyage. Now, you will be introduced to the 7 most powerful foods that you can feed you soul and spirit. These feed your courage, resiliency, and creativity and provide guidelines for a more successful, joyful ride!
Dr. Jean Houston has spent over 45 years teaching about the latent gifts and potential that is the birthright of every human. Recognized as one of the greatest living teachers of today, she has been the consultant to UNICEF, the United Nations and leaders around the world. This special course was carefully designed to incorporate the most significant aspects of Houston’s teaching.
"I never realized how much of my life had been lived at half-light. This weekend turned me on,
and fired me up to live the life I always dreamed of."
~ DM, Redondo Beach, CA
Weekend programs are limited in size, please register early.
Click Here - EAST COAST Information and Registration